Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Hero of the Faith

Good morning Friends on this warm, cloudy morning,

My heart is filled with emotions. A dear friend & saint of God, that I affectionately call Grandma Ferris (my spiritual grandmother), is 99 years old and of clear & sound mind and loving heart is soon to go to be with Jesus.

With that in my heart, I am experiencing excitement for Grandma Dennie and sadness for my soon to be loss. But I have to say that the excitement is precious not only for her, but a Hope for me.

See, she is a Hero of the Faith, someone admired not only by me but a host of others. She is admired because of her outstanding service, dedication, qualities, gifts, talents, bravery, courage, strength, promoter of Jesus and others, defender of truth, dedicated to God and her family, church and community. She is a great example of excellence of Faith and achievement of service to God and mankind.

What a "Treasure & Hero of the Faith" she has been personally to me and my entire family and thousands of others. Her steadfast Faith and Hope of the Lord has never ceased. Her Life has been a gift to the world. What a blessing it has been to have her in my Life. I treasure the Wedding Cake she made for Karl and I for our wedding.

Time and Time again she has prayed for me and my family and the family of God. There is not enough of words that can describe a lifetime of beauty, grace, anointing, Faith Believing Saint of God...

Heaven is striking up the Band and the Angels are scurrying around Heaven getting ready for her entrance. They are very very excited and the music has begun. The saints that have gone on before her, her husband, friends, family, my dad, mother, brother are ready to "Welcome" her HOME . No more sorry, suffering. She will be forevermore with her Lord and Savior Jesus and her Father that lovingly gave her his son and the Holy Spirit that has empowered her and given her comfort and strength and sweet counsel throughout her life. WOW... Everybody will be Happy over there.

My prayers are with the family as she leaves the residence of this world and takes up her residence in Heaven. She has fought the good fight of Faith and finished the course and have Kept the Faith. The Lord will say, "Well done my good and faithful servant, enter NOW into the joys of the Lord". She is truly a Hero of the Faith, someone that I am so blessed to call Friend, sister in Christ, Grandma Dennie and Saint of the Lord.

I encourage You, to keep fighting the good fight of Faith, keep on running and be strong in the Lord and filled with the power of His might. Be a Hero of the Faith, love God, keep his commandments, Love one another as yourself and You too will recieve a crown of LIFE at the end of your journey on earth. It's a great way to Live serving Jesus. Enjoy the journey, there is a whole lot of living going on.

Loving Jesus and You,
Your Friend,
Dorcas

1 comment:

Marilyn Hardy said...

This is in response to "A Hero of the Faith." I am Marilyn and the granddaughter of Grandma Dennie Farris and friend of the heart to Dorcas.


Yesterday, April 10th, Grandma went to be with the Lord. I am honored that Dorcas would put this blog on her website but, to be honest, I am not surprised. My grandmother has been my rock and my example both things spiritual and practical things of life. I miss her terribly but I'm comforted knowing she is with Jesus and trying to imagine what she must be doing right now is a great use of my imagination.

Thank you, Dorcas, for taking time to write a few words about my precious Grandmother. If we were to have an open mic at her funeral next Tuesday, we'd be there a long, long, long time. Everyone has had some experience or many experiences benefiting from knowing and experiencing the woman of God that is Dennie Farris.

Love,
Marilyn Hardy